Today we’re unveiling the latest addition to our family of brands, “WhatAccomm?”.
When searching on University Accommodation websites we noticed one thing, most of the information out there is either outdated or just plain incorrect. We decided that we wanted to change that.
Take a look at Student Crowd for example, they have reviews that are more than 6 years old! Upon asking recent occupants to rate the accuracy of this review, 9 / 10 students told us that the information was wrong. We were told that maintenance was great, cleaners regularly cleaned all communal areas and the wireless and wired internet had perfect coverage.
Do you see the problem here? This bad review could dissuade potential future residents from staying here, even if these problems were solved years ago. We set about finding a way to solve this problem, and that’s where WhatAccomm? came from.
Comparing University Accommodation doesn’t have to be difficult. So we built WhatAccomm? to be different than other accommodation search and reviewing websites, here’s how:
- The website itself is a feature rich university accommodation search platform. Search for University Managed Halls or Private Accommodation and compare what they all have to offer for free.
- We screen every review for accuracy to ensure that we’re a trustworthy source of information.
- Reviews older than two years are archived to ensure that dated reports don’t create misinformation. You’ll still be able to see these reviews, but you’ll be warned that they could contain outdated information first.
- Accommodation-seekers can ask questions that can be answered by other residents and the University or Accommodation provider themselves.
- Universities / Providers can access a ‘provider’ account to respond to questions and reviews left by students and potential students as well as see changes in score over time and the amount of views a page gets.
- Temporary events such as construction may affect the score of reviews, so alerts can be placed to inform future occupants that the temporary event will be concluded by the time they arrive.
These features not only allow students to access up-to-date and reliable information, but it also allows accommodation providers to see statistics and opinions on their halls, and encourages them to create positive change and improve their score over time. We believe that WhatAccomm? is a win-win situation for everyone, and we can’t wait to see how you all use it.